Monday, June 8, 2009

April & May!!!

Get ready for a long post, OK I'll try to give a brief overview of the past 2 months. TJ and I celebrated our 7th Anniversary!! We went out to a famous steakhouse here the weekend before and then the girls were pretty excited about the event so we had a candlelight dinner at home with some sparkling cider on our actual anniversary!! The girls thought it was pretty fun!!TJ had been working 7 days a week and so he came home from work early one day and took us all on a date!! We went miniature golfing and the girls had as much fun running up and down the hills and playing in the water then they did hitting the ball, afterwards we went to Red Robin for dinner and then got some ice cream for the way home! It was fun and a good break for all of us!!

The girls always ask me to tell them stories of when I was little. After a few months of this I was running out of good stories and so I told them that I always wished that I would come home from school and have candy bars all over my bed!! TJ heard this and thought it was pretty funny and so one day he decided to make my DREAM come true! It gave me a good laugh!!Here they have something called May Day!! It's on May first and the tradition is to leave baskets and treats on friends doorsteps and run. As we have not caught on to the tradition the girls were excited to open the door and find all of these treats from their friends!!
Kaylee's preschool teacher had a Mother's Day Tea Party and so TJ took Malia and Cambree on a daddy daughter date, Malia wanted to go get ice cream and wear a dress just like Kaylee! The tea party was fun and they did a presentation with songs and even painted us a picture and wrote us a story. This is Kaylee with some of her Preschool friends!
Kaylee completed her speech lessons for the year and can now say all of her sounds!! We made her teacher this candy bar poster as a thank you and she loved it! After we finished making it Kaylee and Malia decided that they wanted someone to make one of these for THEM!!

These pictures are to show all of you what Bright blue eyes Cambree has!! It is always what people comment on when they see her, along with her adorable smile!

It's been raining quite a bit here and so when it's warm we let the girls get in their swimsuits and play in the gutters!!




TJ's idea of feeding Cambree when I'm gone!! I do think she liked the popsicle better than oatmeal and sweet potatoes!








8 comments:

Campbell Family said...

Looks like you guys are doing good! How sweet of TJ to make your "candy dream" come true...sooo cute! I can't believe how big the girls are getting. I LOVE going on family dates, they are much needed around here. Happy Anniversary to you guys...we love and miss you so much. Give the girls some love from us:)

Brooke said...

You have three beautiful little girls. I can't believe how fast they are growing up. It looks like things are well with you guys. We need to catch up soon.

Richard and Gail said...

Thanks, Nicky for the great pictures and stories. I MISS the girls (and their parents) so much! Cambree is growing so fast! All the girls look great. Thanks again for the wonderful posting!

Anonymous said...

YAY for a new post!! :) Your girls are too stinkin' cute!! Love the preschool tea party...too fun! Sounds like TJ works as much as Andy...too bad we don't live close so we could hang out! :) I didn't know Kaylee was in speech...Kylee was too!! She just finished her lessons too...and can do all her sounds and is ready for kindergarten! YAY! She loved going to speech! Love the pic of the girls in their swimsuits!! Miss you!

Rebecca said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are so cute! I'm sitting here with Jenny looking through all your pictures and really missing you!! I love your pictures! I can't believe how much Cambree looks like TJ! You guys have such a cute little family!

Carrie Peterson said...

great post! I wish I could come home to a bed coverd in chocolate bars! Your girls are growing up too fast. Cambree has a look all her own-blue eyes and lighter hair-she's so cute! We can't waite to see you guys in july!

Gunn said...

Love all the fun things you guys do. I am excited to see those cute girls and you guys too. Wow, Cambree's eyes are beautiful.

Christine Dallimore said...

What a fun post! I'm glad to see that all of you are doing so well and are having fun. I love the May Day idea!!